Holistic - preventive - 100 % natural
Beautiful teeth look attractive. This is quite natural, because healthy teeth and a pure breath have always been regarded as an expression of vitality and beauty. Preventive dental care and intensive oral hygiene are important for your health. This holistic concept is described in detail in the Ayurvedic texts, where we find valuable and easily applicable recommendations for “fresh breath and healthy teeth – for a lifetime!“An example from the original records:
“An oil mouthwash prevents dryness of throat and lips, protects the teeth, and strengthens gums.“ – Charaka Samhita, Sutrasthan 5, 78-80
For this mouthwash, use a tablespoon full of ripened sesame oil (ripen by heating briefly up to 100°C), rinse your mouth for a short while and then „swish“ the oil vigorously between the teeth for 2-3 minutes. Do not swallow the oil, but spit it out, because now it contains debris and harmful bacteria dislodged from the mouth. Avoid spitting it out into the sink, because the oil can clog the drain. This mouthwash, done regularly, nurtures the mouth and throat and is said to prevent caries and periodontal disease.
“Deposits formed at the root of the tongue, affect the sense of taste and cause bad breath. The tongue should therefore be cleaned regularly.“
– Charaka Samhita, Sutrasthan 5, 75
According to ayurvedic texts, the following steps to daily oral hygiene are recommended:
- Scrape away the covering on your tongue with a special tongue cleaner made of metal.
- Clean your teeth with Ayurdent toothpaste or Ayurdent tooth powder.
- Rinse your mouth with 1 tablespoon of "ripened" sesame oil for a few minutes.
- Finally, refresh your breath with Ayurdent mouthwash, which can also be used during the day.
Ayurdent, the 100% natural oral hygiene line with the Triple Plus:
- holistically conceived
- based on traditional herbal formulas
- certified BDIH “certified natural cosmetics“